Contact Us: 07883 069048 firstname.lastname@example.org
There are still multiple deaths every year as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. With much of the risk stemming from faulty gas appliances, it is vital homeowners are aware of the dangers and how to ensure they stay safe.
Carbon Monoxide is ODOURLESS and COLOURLESS and is known to be the silent killer, claiming lives and inflicting irreversible damage to hundreds of people each year. According to the latest awareness campaign in the UK, Carbon Monoxide poisoning causes around 60 deaths each year in the UK.
All properties in the UK with rooms fitted with a solid fuel-burning appliance should have a Carbon Monoxide alarm in the room. Only in the past couple of years has it been a legal requirement for private Landlords in England to fit a working Carbon Monoxide alarm in all rooms where there is a solid-fuel burning appliance or face a fine of up to £5000, if not fitted.
Carbon Monoxide poses a serious risk to anyone who has a fuel-burning appliance in their property and the dangers are ever-present away from home as well.
Tragic stories of Carbon Monoxide poisoning act as a stark reminder of the need for us to continue to raise awareness of this deadly gas. Therefore, if you are going to stay or babysit at a property, you should always carry a Carbon Monoxide alarm with you.
The following signs may indicate that a gas appliance is not working properly and that it could be giving of Carbon Monoxide:
A gas safety check must be carried out at least every 12 months on all relevant gas appliances and chimney / flues that are owned by a landlord and provided for tenant use. For new gas appliances, an annual check must be carried out within 12 months of installation.
When tenants leave a property, landlords must ensure that gas appliances and fittings are safe before re-letting. This is an important check, as a tenant may have inadvertently damaged or removed appliances and left uncapped open-ended gas pipes. Before the property is re-let landlords must provide the new tenants with a current gas safety record.
Just as there are benefits of hiring a lawyer rather than representing yourself in court, or going to a doctor to diagnose an ailment, you should always hire a professional gas safe registered engineer or a fully qualified electrician to ensure you and your home remains safe.Be it an architect, a kitchen designer and installer, an interior designer or other trained, licensed or registered craftsman. A professional can help you in countless ways including:-
Make sure to hire the right professional for you. Doing your homework to find that person will be well worth the time. A professional who will listen to you and who you can work with, will save you time, money and grief throughout the project.
This news page aims to identify an agreed "best practice" approach to Hot Water Cylinder servicing, whilst noting the important role played by the manufacturers' instructions.The manufacturers' instructions are the indispensable reference document whenever an unvented water cylinder service is undertaken, and you are advised to retain these in a safe place. It will be helpful to let your service engineer or service provider know, in advance of the appointment, your hot water cylinder make and model, if it is known.
The service engineer should: